Pages - Menu

Senin, 15 Juni 2015

[Zomato Foodie MeetUp] Hog's Breath Cafe


Hi Eaters.

It's another Zomato Foodie MeetUp. Yeayy! 
The last meetup I had was at December last year and been waiting so long to be invited to another meetup. I'm always excited when it comes to meet other foodies, having fun talks and certainly having good food together.
So yes, it's something I long for. And for this meetup it took place at Hog's Breath Cafe.









This cafe is nothing new for me. I've been here a couple of times with fellow foodies. Sometimes I went there by myself too while waiting for traffic on a heavy office day.
I really loved the hip and beautiful interior of this cafe. A youthful feeling always breezes everytime I went here.
This cafe is a franchise from that with the same name in Australia. The license of Hog's Breath was carried to Indonesia by brothers, Rio and Alfredo Hermanto. And this cafe has just celebrated its first anniversary this year.





This cafe has two floors of dining areas in which you can choose. But the first floor could be much better since it has a bar area and also it is where the live music plays. Yes, they have live music on certain days. Be sure to always check their Instagram account for that.



Macho Nacho - IDR 78K



Crisp tortilla chips stacked high with melted cheese, chilli con carne, and topped with Mexicana salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.

It's a hell-a-portion served in one plate. But it tasted so delicious. I loved how they opted to serve 3 kinds of sauces for the topping. The salsa, the sour cream, and the guacamole really elevated the flavors and they didn't even overpowered the others and still came with a distinctive taste that spoiled my taste buds. I loved the usage of chopped olives and jalapenos too. The chilli con carne was also delicious. The meat was savory. Perhaps it could've been given more.



Finger Food Delight


No need to bother looking for this item on the menu because you won't find it. So they given us some selections of appetizers to try, in one big plate. 
They are: American Style Buffalo Wings, Chicken Tenders, Full & Loaded Potato Skins, and Salt and Pepper Calamari.
Let me describe them one by one.

American Style Buffalo Wings : Marinated chicken wings with spiced flour and golden deep-fried, tossed with original spicy Buffalo sauce. Basically since I am a fan of chicken wings I find it delicious and the spiciness was still fine for me.
Chicken Tenders : Chicken tenderloins coated with seasoned crumbs, golden deep-fried and served with Hog's own Honey Mustard. This one was nice but the seasoning needs to be more strong in flavor. But I guess that's why they serve the Honey Mustard along with this appetizer.
Full & Loaded Potato Skins : Deep-fried potato skins loaded with chilli con carne, topped with golden melted cheese, sour cream, and chives. This one was my favourite. It's really delicious and the crispy potato skin was so loveable.
Salt and Pepper Calamari : Hand-cut calamari rings dusted with salt and pepper breadcrumbs, golden-fried and served with sweet chilli dip. This one was my least favourite. The calamari didn't came as chewy as I would expected and I didn't feel the salt and pepper in the breadcrumbs.



Natural Prime Rib Steak
Lite Cut (170gr) - IDR 198K, Regular (200gr) - IDR 229K, Boss Hog (300gr) - IDR 298K


Time to be a true carnivor and have steak. This one was the Regular size, a cut of 200gr of the best meat, served medium well.
The steak was so heavenly delicious. It's so juicy, so succulent and tender too. It was done with justice. Served along with mashed potatoes, a corn cob, and vegetables. For the sauce it was mushroom sauce. Delicious all the way. Even the side dishes was good. The mashed potatoes was one of the best I've had so far. My turndowns would be the carrot wasn't crunchy and a bit bland. Could be given more salt though. The steak, no further need to say, absolutely delicious!



Chicken Parmigiana - IDR 79K



Crispy coated chicken breast schnitzel topped with an Italian-style tomato sauce and shaved parmesan cheese. Choice of side dish: curly fries or mash and vegetable or salad.

The chicken was also not disappointing. Cooked perfectly and seasoned beautifully. This one was served with sides as same as the steak, but with much better seasoned vegetables. The tomato sauce was nice, quite acidic but tasty. I just wished they'd given more of that sauce for the topping.



Mississippi Mud Cake - IDR 69K

It's not my first time trying this cake. Actually this one was my favourite dessert at Hog's Breath Cafe, besides their Key Lime Cheese Cake. 
It's all chocolaty flavor has made me fallen in love with it since my first bite. The chocolate cake was nice, densed, but still quite light. The sweetness was perfect and I love the abundant chocolate sauce in this dish. Recommended to try for chocolate lovers.

Overall conclusion, I just loved all the food. I love the hospitality from the owners and I loved the ambiance of the cafe.
One of my-surely-have-to-visit-steak-restaurant right now. And lucky me since it's located at Central Park, where I usually hang out after office hours.
So if you're a carnivor and looking for a nice place that serves good steaks, you should definitely check this place out.


Keep on chewing!


Jazzy Dee

TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | ASK.FM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog's Breath Cafe
Central Park, Tribeca Park
Ph: (021) 29704981 ext: 347
Jakarta Barat

1 komentar:

  1. Bingung mencari Situs Taruhan Ayam?
    Tenang saja BOLAVITA bekerja sama dengan S128, SV388 dan Kungfu Chicken yang bisa Anda daftarkan dan mainkan.

    Dengan minimal Deposit Rp 50.000 saja, untuk Anda yang baru pemula , pastinya bermain sabung ayam secara online pasti gampang gampang susah.

    Tidak perlu khawatir juga, anda bisa membaca paduan bermain adu ayam juga..
    Paduan Adu Ayam Online S128 untuk Pemula

    Daftar dan main sekarang juga di www.bolavita.vip

    Untuk info selanjutnya, bisa hubungi kami VIA:
    BBM : BOLAVITA / D8C363CA
    Whatsapp : +62812-2222-995
    Livechat 24 Jam

    BalasHapus