Pages - Menu

Selasa, 12 Agustus 2014

Bakmie Akuet (Berkat)

Hi Eaters.

There is never a place too far if you just want good food. Am I right? I never hesitate to go the distance for a good meal. 
Actually this review is going to talk about a "warung makan" which I had planned to visit before a couple of days before the Eid Mubarak (you can check my previous review about Bakmi Bintang Gading). But because it was closed back then, I just had the chance to visit it last Saturday. Well, anyway I was informed not to come any later than 8 am if I don't want to run out on the food.
So that Saturday, I specifically roamed the streets of Jakarta at 7 am, just to grab a bite at Bakmie Akuet.



This "warung makan" is located inside a densed housing area of Taman Modern. It is at Cakung, East Jakarta. It occupies a small shop at Ruko Taman Modern. The interior was quite humble and nothing was too fancy.


Chilli
Chilli



Snacks
Snacks
This "warung" is run by a family. Mr. Akuet is the cook, and his son sells snacks also in this "warung". I haven't got the chance to try the snacks, but definitely I will try them later.
But know, let's check out the noodles which everyone is talking about.

Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo
Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo
This "warung" even though uses the word "Bakmie" as its name, it doesn't only sell noodles. In here you can find shahe fen (char kway teow, or kwetiau in Indonesia), rice vermicelli, porridge, dumplings, and meatballs too.
My order that day was the Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo - Rp. 30.000You can opt for the regular portion for Rp. 22.000.

Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo
Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo
Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo
Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo
Voila! There it was on my table. A big bowl of chinese noodles. The jumbo portion was very very big, also with super generous toppings. The toppings were lapchiong (pork sausage), sauteed chicken, fried pork fat, chopped scallions, fried onions, and chinese cabbages.
It was served with a small bowl of soup made from chicken stock.

Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo
Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo
Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo
Bakmie Lapchiong Jumbo
The Soup
The Soup
The noodles I have to say is very fantastic. Super delicious. It was moist, tender and really really savory. The aroma was so appetizing, and very fragrant. The lapchiong was awesome, it tasted really nice, with good tender texture. The fried pork fat was out of this world. Super savory with crunchy texture. Chewing them all together in my mouth was like a feast of flavors and textures. This is a dish not only delicious, but also rich in textures and aroma.
The soup was also good. So fragrant, with a mild savory taste. Mixing it with the noodles just really helped to elevate the dish. 
Super recommended. Luckily I came there quite early, because just 30 minutes afterwards, the pork had run out. 

S-Tee
S-Tee
I was going to try their homemade tea, but unfortunately it wasn't available that day (oh God, why?!!) so I opted for an everyday bottled tea, which was S-Tee - Rp. 4.000. Well, it was quite refreshing, although I would still prefer something homemade.

Overall conclusion, finding this "warung" I can say wasn't like finding a gem, but finding a box of hidden treasure. All those miles I took were so soooo worth it.
This is a great place that offers great noodles. Probably the best I've had so far, no kidding.
The flavors are mind blowing. It was really fantastic. I just couldn't stop chewing.
Price tags are quite affordable. Regarding to the awesome flavor of the food, I can say that you will get a great deal with every penny you spend.
I just gotta come back again, I gotta try the other food on the menu. Join me next time?

Keep on chewing!



Jazzy Dee

Twitter: @jzzydee
Instagram: @jzzydee
Questions: http://ask.fm/jzzydee



Bakmi Akuet (Berkat)
Ruko Taman Modern, Blok R1 No. 11 
Cakung, Cilincing

1 komentar: