Pages - Menu

Jumat, 24 Maret 2017

Sunday Brunch at Attarine Jakarta


Hi Eaters.

Lately I've been attending quite a lot of Sunday brunches. Not to say that I don't like it, well actually I've been waiting for it. Sunday brunches at restaurants mean that special menus are up for grasp. Now who wouldn't love that?
About a couple of weeks ago I had the chance to tried the Sunday Brunch at Attarine Jakarta. I've been hearing a lot about this particular restaurant, and when it finally came the time to have a visit, I couldn't be more patient!


















Located in a spacious venue at Gunawarman, this restaurant surely was an attraction of itself since I noticed at that Sunday Brunch this restaurant was heavily packed with customers. The food must be great here, I imagined. Well, being a part of Potato Head Group, it's undoubtable that I will have a stunning brunch here.
Attarine is famous for its unique ambiance and decoration. Well, one thing that definitely will catch your attention is that vintage car placed in the center of the room. Besides that this restaurant seemed to be designed to resemble a park with a lot of green plants being put here and there, and those wooden tables and shocking-red-colored chairs perfected the ambiance. There was a live music at that day but I have to say the music was a little too loud. Sunday brunch for me personally means that it's a time where I would want to enjoy the moment with the food more intimately, and maybe have a quality conversation with the people I go to brunch with. I think a more soft and subtle music should work more.



I tried Attarine's Sunday Brunch package which worth IDR 350K ++. The package consists of six dishes that ranges from appetizer, mains and dessert, also a choice of mocktail/cocktail/fresh juice. Do note that the selection of menus might change and vary each week, so the menus I'm writing now were the ones I tried during that Sunday Brunch day.


Roasted Pineapple

It's a bit weird for me just to have roasted pineapple for an appetizer. I would expect pineapple only as a condiment or side to another main dish. But yet there I was, trying this unique appetizer on hand. It's a simple dish, just thin-sliced pineapple being roasted. The unique thing about this appetizer was that it had two kind of flavors, one being sweet with a hint of cinnamon, and another was sour. Unexpectedly, I came to like this dish. It might looked and served so simple but yet the flavors were nice.

Monkey Bread

First time noticing the name of this other appetizer I expected a bread with banana filling, or maybe banana as toppings. Well, it's quite obvious that the common thing associated with monkey is banana, right? Well, okay some may say banana is now sometimes being associated with Minions, LOL.
This dish was surprisingly had no banana at all. It was bread covered in caramel glaze, and I think there was also a hint of cinnamon, and topped with crushed nuts. I also liked this bread. It's so moist and the flavors were so good and not to sweet as well.

Selection of Snacks





The selection of snacks were certainly a treat. A large wooden tray consists of a bowl of cashew nuts, a bowl of olives, a bowl of red radish pickles, and a bowl of cheese-stuffed dates. The other were boiled eggs with cumin and salt.
One thing that captured my attention between those bowls on the tray was the cheese-stuffed dates. It's quite unique and never did I find dates to be stuffed like that anywhere else. It was my first time, and I completely loved it. Sweet and salty combined so well together, it became so addictive. 
The boiled eggs were indeed tasty, although I was hoping the yolk would be a little runny, but the seasoning was so good. A great idea to use cumin and salt onto those eggs,


Roasted Vegetables

Who would've thought just vegetables compiled in a single bowl could be so good! Well, I like vegetables but not that kind of person who would order just one plain dish that only consist of veggies. Rest assure that now I would have a change of mind, LOL.
In this bowl of veggies, there were zucchini, eggplant, green and red paprika. The taste was truly delicious, I must admit, and the veggies were all fresh to my delightment.

Fish and Batik Clams




Served in a monstrous bowl (I mean a huge bowl!) this seafood dish consists of fish, batik clams, and octopus. It was so beautiful, and indeed so visually appetizing. The highlight of the dish I must say were the clams and the octopus. They were cooked nicely and the texture was so so nice, especially the octopus which was so tender indeed.
The soup perfected the dish. It was so rich with seasoning, and with all those seafood inside it didn't have any fishy smell.


Chocolate Cardamom Ice Cream


Do forgive me because I forgot to take a pic of this one stunning dessert. You can see the pic at my friend's blog here and here. I'm still waiting if anyone of them would give me of their pic so I can update this post. As for the ice cream itself was pretty good. I tend not to like sweet food that much and apparently I did finish a whole portion of the ice cream. I must say the sweetness was in a perfect level for my palate.




As for the choice of drink, I had the Pineapple and Passion Fruit Mocktail. Of course I didn't drink the Sparkling Wine since I'm not that much of an alcohol drinker and the day was still too early for any wine, LOL.
The mocktail was indeed fresh, and the combination of pineapple and passion fruit was exquisite and complementing each other nicely.


I must say that this is one of the best Sunday Brunches I've had outside of any hotel restaurants. This Sunday Brunch package only available on March, so I guess I'm a little bit late on writing this post. But there is still one more Sunday to come in this March, so better book a place now to enjoy delicious dishes on Attarine's Sunday Brunch!

Keep on chewing!



Jazzy Dee


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attarine Jakarta
Jl. Gunawarman No. 11A, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 812 8602 6142, (+62 21) 2277 1256
Jakarta Pusat

Operating Hours: 
Sun - Wed 11.00 - 16.00 & 18.00 - 23.00
Thu - Sat 11.00 - 16.00 & 18.00 - 01.00

1 komentar: