Pages - Menu

Rabu, 29 Maret 2017

Sunday Brunch at Rosso, Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta


Hi Eaters.

Kickstarted my Sunday with yet another Sunday brunch. Certainly a habit I won't ever avoid. Sunday is always a day I intend for fun, and nothing better than enjoying good food as an escapade from tiresome Monday through Friday hectic office stuffs.
Shangri-La Hotel, as one of the best five-stars hotel you can find in the capital, certainly was a great option for Sunday's foodgasm fulfillment. You can name some fantastic restaurants that reside at Shangri-La, such as Satoo and Jia. But don't forget their top Italian restaurant, Rosso.














Undoubtedly this is one beautiful restaurant to dine. Shangri-La certainly had a good touch when it comes to decorate. Well, I've seen the wonderful job they've done at Jia, and Rosso certainly was treated the same.
Rosso also serves buffet. Another choice for you brunch goers if you feel like you need another option to try at Shangri-La besides their well-known Satoo. But my point of visit that day was to try the ala carte menus which consist of 8 menus.

The Sunday brunch starts from 11.30 - 14.30. Prices range from:
IDR 490K ++ (includes mineral water, juices, soft drinks)
IDR 878K ++ (includes red wine, white wine, beer & prosecco)
IDR 1,378K ++ (includes red wine, white wine, beer, prosecco & champagne)

Without further a due, strap on you seat belts cause this is gonna be a delicious ride.



Uova Alla Franco



Black Bun with Poached Eggs and Salmon Tar Tar served with Truffle Hollandaise Sauce

From my first experience trying egg benedict at El Asador then my second time at Loewy, definitely have grown my love for this yolky dish. This one at Rosso uses black buns so it gives a nice distinctive color that contrasted from the plate. The salmon tartare certainly was seasoned nicely and the hollandaise sauce was delicious. The poached egg with the runny egg yolk was just perfect as you can see from the pics above.

Uova Strapazzate

Ciabatta Bread with Scrambled Eggs, Pecorino Cheese, Rocket served with Black Truffle Paste and Red Pesto

Another egg-y dish is next on the list. The Uova Strapazzate or the Italian version of scrambled eggs is served on a ciabatta bread. It was quite nice. Scrambled eggs always everyone's favorite, and this one was nicely cooked. The rocket salad added freshness to the dish. Overall a good dish, but wasn't my favorite pick of the day.


Uova Al Prosciutto


Toasted Soft Bun with Fried Egg, Parma Ham, and sauteed Parmesan Spinach

The third egg-y dish is this Uova Al Prosciutto in which the egg is fried sunny side up. So for the time I've enjoyed egg cooked 3 ways: poached, scrambled, and the last one was fried.

I must say that as much as I enjoy fried eggs, from all 3 egg dishes, the one with poached egg was the winner for me. I'm not saying this one wasn't good. It's actually pretty tasty. The parma ham was salty enough yet delicious for my palate.

Franco’s Panino


Focaccia Bread with Fresh Tomato, Rocket, Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese, served with Pesto Sauce


Nope, the name Franco doesn't relate to the actor James Franco nor the Italian footballer Franco Baresi. The name took its origin from Rosso's head chef, Chef Gianfranco Pirrone, the mastermind behind Rosso's wonderful dishes.
The flavors were quite plentiful in this sandwich. Sweetness from the tomato, a hint of saltiness from the cheeses and that nice savory finish from the pesto sauce really combined nicely. Even though there's no meat what so ever in this sandwich, it was still enjoyable.

Spaghetti Polpa Di Granchio E Acciughe



Spaghetti with Crabmeat and Anchovies served with Fennel Sauce and Spicy Bread Crumbs


You just can't leave pasta out when you're talking about Italian food. For me, personally, this spaghetti dish is quite delicious. I love the way the pasta was cooked perfectly, the crabmeat was seasoned beautifully. I think the use of bread crumbs is just brilliant. It gives a nice crunchy texture to the dish. The fennel sauce was creamy and delicious too, yet light and just in the perfect amount not to make you bloated.

Filetto Di Manzo


Beef Tenderloin and Foie Gras served with Sauteed Parmesan Spinach and Gorgonzola Sauce

Definitely my favorite of the day! Every component on the plate was just spot on. The highlight of the dish I think was the foie gras. Cooked beautifully! I mean, look at that gorgeous dark brown color. Isn't it lovely? It tasted as good as it looked too. The beef was nice, perfectly cooked and the gorgonzola sauce was just wickedly tasty. This is the kind of dish that sure knows how to pamper my taste buds.


Agnolotti Di Bufala E Pesto


Homemade Agnolotti filled with Buffalo Mozzarella served with Basil Pesto Sauce

It's fun to see how Rosso keep infusing pesto in many of their dishes. The agnolotti was also served in that delicious basil pesto sauce. The cheese filling inside the agnolotti is surely tasty but what dominates this plate I think was the pesto sauce. I think if the agnolotti wants to overcome the sauce then it needs maybe a meat filling.

Filetto Di Cernia


Grouper Fish Fillet in Mediterranean Tomato Sauce served with sauteed Mixed Vegetable


This one was also delicious, though I don't favor it as much as I would with the Filetto Di Manzo. The presentation of the dish was certainly beautiful, and visually will bring up your appetite. That sauteed mixed vegetables were a good addition as the side for the dish. The fish was so nice, it's tender and nicely seasoned as well. Combined with that tomato sauce base, the dish is bursting in flavors.


Anyway, Chef Gianfranco Pirrone makes delicious risotto. I tried some of that risotto on hand being delivered by the Chef himself. The best one I've tried so far.



Overall conclusion, it was an excellent brunch with 8 dishes that is just out of this world. Shangri-La never fails me, and Rosso is just another one that convince me that every culinary journey I take at Shangri-La is never a disappointing one. So thank you Rosso and also Shangri-La Hotel for having me. I wish you the best of luck always!


Keep on chewing!





Jazzy Dee







----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Rosso
Shangri-La Hotel, Lobby Level
Ph: (021) 2939 9562 
Jalan Jendral Sudirman Kav. 1, Jakarta Pusat


1 komentar: